Grape juice is so useful and tasty that it can safely be called a life-giving elixir for the body. Consequently, each hostess should make grape juice for winter at home. This drink encourages an appetite before eating and is invigorating throughout the day. Juice from grapes is useful for healthy people to maintain immunity and is recommended to patients. Since ancient times, healers have been advised to drink it with the afflicted ailments of the kidneys, liver, lungs and throat.
The main ways of obtaining juice from grape berries
The taste of a grape drink depends largely on its variety, maturity and cooking conditions. To understand how to make grape juice, you need to see one of the following options:
- Manual. This method involves the receipt of juice by hands or by a press, whose efforts are given, again, by the hands. After manually squeezed juice, it is filtered through cheesecloth or sieve. For quickness of pressing the liquid, you can use a meat grinder or a blender, but the following filtration steps will be the same.
- The juicer is the most common way to extract grape juice. The resulting liquid does not require additional filtration, and the time goes by the whole process a little.
- Sokovarka. Specialists, engaged in the preparation of wine or juice every year, have long enjoyed juice. The best option, in which only you need to harvest the crop and wash it under water, then it’s up to a special electric appliance. Berries in bunches are placed inside the machine and are occasionally mixed during cooking.
Recipes of grape juice according to grades
To obtain grape juice at home for the winter, you need tools such as a sieve, colander, saucepan, juicer, hand press, gauze flap.
The stages of preserving the juice of different varieties are almost the same, but all of them must be strictly observed.
The main difference in the preparation are the instruments used in the preparation of the workpiece.
Grape juice “Cabernet”
- Wash the grapes under running water.
- Squeeze the juice with a wooden crush.
- Press the mass to put on the fire in a saucepan and boil
- After 5 minutes, turn off the fire and filter the juice through gauze or a sieve with fine holes.
- Spread the juice in bottles or jars, sterilize in a saucepan for 15 minutes and stop.
- Grape juice is ready for use.
The average weight of the cabernet is 70 grams.
Juice made from grapes “Lydia”
- Tear off the bunches of grapes in running water, separate them from greens and place them in a juicer. If there are many berries, then the juicer should be periodically stopped and cleaned from the cake, as it can be spoiled by such food rubbish.
- The resulting liquid mixture is filtered through a gauze cloth or a fine sieve.
- If the strained juice is concentrated enough, it can be diluted with water – 1: 2.
- Mix the grape liquid in a saucepan and add sugar at the rate of: 1 liter of juice requires 50 grams of sugar.
- Boil for 15 minutes.
- Pour the boiling juice over the jars and immediately cork. If some time has passed, then pour the juice into jars without covering them with lids and sterilize for 10 minutes, then plug them.
- Elixir of grapes is ready!
Sterilization of bottles with juice is mandatory, as the contents can ferment.